Jazz Band Q4 2020 scroll down for previous lessons
Wednesday, May 25th- 27th Quarter (Week 1 ) 1:24-2:40
Class times this week are Wed. 3/25 and Fri. 3/27
- WELCOME ONLINE! - Things you need to know
- 1) We will continue to work on our music and with the Red Jazz method book.
- 2) You will have an initial assignment the first week that is a worksheet to determine what I need to do for each student. (find the link below)
- 3) I will be adding additional materials to work on if you have mastered and submitted the current weeks lessons. Look under your class tab to find "additional materials" (This will start next week) you can earn extra credit from this section after you have completed the current assignments.
- 4) You have priority during your regular class time on the A/B Schedule for teacher help and communication. I will be available by e-mail, phone, Google hangout and possibly(coming soon-Google voice?-text-Not up and running yet.) For Jazz Band I am using my prep time on A days from 1:24-2:40.
- 5) You can e-mail anytime for help or with questions on anything. I am available to help and will do my best even if it's not music stuff.
- 6) The more you do, the more fun you have. I miss working with you already so stay safe, stay positive and Practice a lot! :)
1) Click Here to complete your first online assignment - all students
due by Friday 3/27
2) Practice 2 times this week -
Please read through the online practice submission form before you start practicing. There are some guidelines there.
Click here to READ THE FORM
Suggestions for this week:
1) focus on Birdland
2) Go to the page in the Red Book about improvisation and try the first exercises p. (I will look this up)
You are only required to submit 1 session this week (Wednesday through Sunday)
It is likely that 2 submissions per week will be the requirement after that.(Mon-Sun)
Tune your instrument by ear -
Click here to tune to a Concert Bb
Click here to tune to a lower Concert Bb
As you think about the commitment required in learning to play an instrument please be reminded that playing your instrument daily is a class requirement (1/2 hour 4 days out of every week at the very least). Brains learn quickly but muscles learn slowly, so it is necessary to play every day!
Tips for Success: Play every day! You will have more fun and learn quickly!
Listen to good musicians who play your instrument. You will have a good idea of what you want to be doing.